Rear End (brakes?) Problem

I have a 95 SC400 and have recently started experiencing something that might be a brake issue. A grinding noise is coming from the rear tires when the brakes are applied. It doesn't happen all the time, usually I have to be driving the car for 20-30 minutes before it starts, sometimes it starts up immediately. I haven't had the rear brakes replaced since I bought the car in November 2005. There are no indicator lights on to help with this problem. I now live in the Nashville area if anyone knows a reputable shop in the area that would be great. Thanks for all the help

hey mate, brake pads are probably worn out. It's an easy task to replace, any car shop would be able to do that.

thanks, I'm gonna help my dad do it this weekend. Anyone got any idea which brake pads from Autozone are the best?

i went with the duralast non (aspestose) however you spell it

I have a 95 SC400 and have recently started experiencing something that might be a brake issue. A grinding noise is coming from the rear tires when the brakes are applied. It doesn't happen all the time, usually I have to be driving the car for 20-30 minutes before it starts, sometimes it starts up immediately. I haven't had the rear brakes replaced since I bought the car in November 2005. There are no indicator lights on to help with this problem. I now live in the Nashville area if anyone knows a reputable shop in the area that would be great. Thanks for all the help

What kind of noise are you hearing? swishing intermittently while driving, or when you apply the brakes.