Awd Ls 460 Release

I live in Rochester NY and I've been told by friends not to get this rear wheel car as it will handle horribly in the snow. Anyone have any opinions? Also, I was told by my dealer that an AWD version will be released this Oct. Is this accurate?

I live in Rochester NY and I've been told by friends not to get this rear wheel car as it will handle horribly in the snow. Anyone have any opinions? Also, I was told by my dealer that an AWD version will be released this Oct. Is this accurate?

I have a 2008 LS460 SWB purchased on 12/14/07 and our area had record amounts of snow this year. I had no problems with the snow and ice.

I have a 2008 LS460 SWB purchased on 12/14/07 and our area had record amounts of snow this year. I had no problems with the snow and ice.

Thanks I just needed some reassurance as I currently have an Acura RL which is AWD. I plan on getting an extra set of rims and installing snow tires.

With snow tires you'll probably be fine, in my experiece the LS is a pig in the snow with allseasons though. Of course, thats the LS400 and LS430.

With snow tires you'll probably be fine, in my experiece the LS is a pig in the snow with allseasons though. Of course, thats the LS400 and LS430.

According to this thread the AWD version is coming out SEPT/OCT

2009 AWD LS460

My lease on my current car is up August so I may just have to wait.