Door Molding Color Match Questions?

mccldwll

My '05 330 (crystal white 062) has a slight color mismatch between front and back door moldings from a past repair/painting on back seat door. Door paint match is good. Molding looks fine in some light, and terrible in other. I need to have it fixed but want to understand the situation before talking to shop.

Are they attached with adhesive? Removable without ruining trim? If I replace/paint one or both moldings (to assure color match) do they come from Lexus with OEM factory paint, or must they be painted? If comes pre-painted, how good are the matches generally (especially on a 3 year old car). Since it is a discrete part with a tiny gap between molding and body, would it be a better choice overall (since wouldn't be opening a can of worms) for a shop to paint in place? I would never have door painted without removing trim, but since can probably slide something between door and molding perimeter so nothing gets on door, might it be as good or better overall to paint in place?

TIA

Body side mouldings are attached by tape. They come prepainted if you order from Lexus.

Thanks. The problem probably is that pre-painted is a whiter crystal white, since apparently used 04-08. Any ideas on whether could be painted in place (probably more of a blending) as opposed to removal?

You could ask the body shop about trying to blend it, but its going to depend on the skill of the paint shop.

Thanks for help. One shop would paint in place, and two others (one of which is a Toyota Collision center which I thought would be more familiar with their own color matches) want to remove. The shops which want to remove are adding in a labor charge to open up door to detach any clips "which might exist" in addition to the tape. Nowhere can I find evidence that any clips exist. Is there any chance at all that anyone knows of that any clips might actually exist?

Thanks again.