Backlighting On Radio/climate Control/console Not Working

Rondy

I have a 93 LS400. The backlighting on the radio/climate control and the gearshift in the console is out. I've checked the bulbs and they are working just fine. If I turn the light switch the lights will come on for about 2 seconds and then go off. I hear a click coming from the passenger side engine compartment as the lights turn off. I've checked all known fuses but haven't been able to locate a cause. Thanks in advance for any solutions.

• 7 months later...
I have a 93 LS400. The backlighting on the radio/climate control and the gearshift in the console is out. I've checked the bulbs and they are working just fine. If I turn the light switch the lights will come on for about 2 seconds and then go off. I hear a click coming from the passenger side engine compartment as the lights turn off. I've checked all known fuses but haven't been able to locate a cause. Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Eureka, a mechanic suggested that I Make sure that the circuit was grounded. I removed the ash tray and found the wire that powers the light in the ashtray, connected a wire to the ground and a screw on the body of the car and all of the backlighting came on for the radio, climate control, ash tray light and shift indicator. Oh Happy day!!! After 7 months of darkness this was resolved by simply grounding the circuit. Time required 3 minutes, cost: a wire and a connector, .50.