Rattling?

waterpolo820

Well hello to everyone, as i am new.

Well my problem is that for the past couple of weeks I have been noticing a rattling (much like when you drive over a freshly paved road) coming from the dash area, and possibly the a/c intake area, and today i popped the hood to see if I could see anything and I found that the coolant cap is off and the coolant is down below min. Ok back to the rattling the thing is that I have drove over freshly paved roads, but that was a week ago and I have checked the tires and the fender areas and there is no sign of any asphalt.

Could it possibly be from something slipping under the coolant cap when it was off and making its way into the system?

Thanks,

Kevin

BTW it is a 2007

Ok could this be from the coolant level being so low that air got into the system??? because I was just looking at it and i squeezed the pipe leading from the radiator going to the motor and I got back into the car turned in back on and it seemed as if the noise got 10x louder, so I think I'm going to change it from rattling to slushing?? is this correct/is it even a possibility?

Would/Should I drain the whole system and then fill it back up? or would it be fine ust to fil it back up? the air would escape wouldn't it?

Thanks