Fully Functional Cellphone - Canada?

appleton

I would appreciate it if anyone could provide feedback on a specific issue.

Rogers is my cell provider. I chose a MOTORAZR™ V3T GSM from the Lexus list of ‘tested’ devices although it was difficult because the Canadian / US models don’t match exactly. The Razr I selected does not marry all functions (phone operates through the NAV on my car). Specifically, the Caller ID and battery strength indicator do not work. Caller ID works on my cell phone, but does not show up on the NAV screen. The battery strength indicator isn’t a big deal, but it would be nice if the Caller ID worked. I have manually entered my entire contact list into the car’s telephone book, so the data is there and available to the system.

Does anyone in Canada, who is with Rogers, have a cell phone that is fully functional with their ES 350 UL? If so, would you share what model it is? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Rogers is my cell provider. I chose a MOTORAZR™ V3T GSM from the Lexus list of ‘tested’ devices although it was difficult because the Canadian / US models don’t match exactly. The Razr I selected does not marry all functions (phone operates through the NAV on my car). Specifically, the Caller ID and battery strength indicator do not work. Caller ID works on my cell phone, but does not show up on the NAV screen. The battery strength indicator isn’t a big deal, but it would be nice if the Caller ID worked. I have manually entered my entire contact list into the car’s telephone book, so the data is there and available to the system.

Does anyone in Canada, who is with Rogers, have a cell phone that is fully functional with their ES 350 UL? If so, would you share what model it is? Thanks.

So... just as I feared, the Lexus hands free system doesn't work with ANY Rogers cell phone in Canada. At least based on responses through this forum. Darn. Hard to believe that could be possible.

So... just as I feared, the Lexus hands free system doesn't work with ANY Rogers cell phone in Canada. At least based on responses through this forum. Darn. Hard to believe that could be possible.

Hello Appleton, I use an HP iPAQ 6950 on the Rogers network and have had no issues. However, this phone is similar in size to the BlackBerry. :cheers:

Hello Appleton, I use an HP iPAQ 6950 on the Rogers network and have had no issues. However, this phone is similar in size to the BlackBerry.:cheers:

Thank you for information. You are the first person I've heard from to say they have a phone fully mated with all features being displayed. Even my dealer couldn't come up with a suggestion for phone that was guaranteed to work fully. Thanks again.

I believe that most (if not all) recent model phones with Bluetooth technology should work. I am just not able to send my address book over to the car automatically, so I just add into the car's phone book only the numbers that are frequently dialed.

Perhaps you could try connecting with a friend's phone that you may consider purchasing. The settings could always be removed. :)

I believe that most (if not all) recent model phones with Bluetooth technology should work. I am just not able to send my address book over to the car automatically, so I just add into the car's phone book only the numbers that are frequently dialed.

Perhaps you could try connecting with a friend's phone that you may consider purchasing. The settings could always be removed. :)

Thanks SKM,

My Bluetooth enabled Rzr phone is not that old. The basic functions work, but the caller ID and battery indicator do not display on the nav screen. It's the combination of provider and hardware that needs to be right to get it all. I'll keep testing with friends phones when I get the chance. So far, no luck.

The Blackberry 87XX and 88XX models are fully compatible with my 08 ES350 Premium (no NAV) and my 09 RX350 Premium (with NAV).