Checking Spare Tire Pressure

baker7676

Hi,

The tire pressure light in my 2004 RX330 comes on at various times. I have checked the four tires and all is fine. It was suggested to me by the dealership to check the spare tire. How can I do this? Do I actually need to take the spare out or can I somehow check it while it is in it's storage spot?

Any help on how to get to the valve stem of the spare is appreciated. Thank you.

Baker

I'm surprised no one had the answer to this question. I stopped by the dealership yesterday, and they were able to show me how to access the spare and test it's pressure. The tire is lowered by cranking it down from the rear cargo area, this allows access to the stem. Hope this helps some one else.

Baker

No attempt at being a smart aleck, but that spare tire information is in the owner's manual. There have been other reports on this web site, where owners have had tire warning issues and it was the spare. The other thing that is mentioned is that anytime you do a tire rotation (if you are the DIY type) is that the tire pressure monitoring system needs to be reset.

Gary