Blower Fan Went Out In Mom's Car. Please Help

windsma

My Mom ownes a 92 ish LS400 and the Blower fan has been on its way out for a long time.

She has parked the car for a year or two. Due to her suspension air bags being blown. She finally was able to get that repaired in Dec. using Camry parts. (coil overs $4000 later)

We are making a trip up to Canada to see my sister in mid april, and need to fix the defrost/Heat fan.

After she spent all that money on suspension parts, shes really burned out on dumping money into her car.

I have priced a new blower and its around $150.

Im pretty sure i only need the "squirrel cage fan part" but i cant find it.

Does anyone know where i can find that part? Dealer Ouch $37 just for fan. $67 for cabin filter, Dealerships suck! anywhere else?

Can I use a Camry Blower motor? They are very cheap and can be found everywhere.

Usually the fan part are held on by a nut but, some are stamped on and the entire blower assembly has to be replaced. Anyone know how they are mounted?

I may be a noob here but i am really good at fixing cars.

I have done a search and found some good info on how to replace it, just not much about the parts.

I would be extremely grateful for any help or if someone has a good one for sale cheap.

Thanks

Matthew

DragonRacing@hotmail.com

• 10 months later...

My Mom ownes a 92 ish LS400 and the Blower fan has been on its way out for a long time.

She has parked the car for a year or two. Due to her suspension air bags being blown. She finally was able to get that repaired in Dec. using Camry parts. (coil overs $4000 later)

We are making a trip up to Canada to see my sister in mid april, and need to fix the defrost/Heat fan.

After she spent all that money on suspension parts, shes really burned out on dumping money into her car.

Does anyone know where i can find that part? Dealer Ouch $37 just for fan. $67 for cabin filter, Dealerships suck! anywhere else?

Can I use a Camry Blower motor? They are very cheap and can be found everywhere.

Usually the fan part are held on by a nut but, some are stamped on and the entire blower assembly has to be replaced. Anyone know how they are mounted?

I have done a search and found some good info on how to replace it, just not much about the parts.

I would be extremely grateful for any help or if someone has a good one for sale cheap.

Thanks

Matthew

DragonRacing@hotmail.com

Hi,

Sorry I can't help -- I need a new blower fan as well. Did you find out how to replace it cheaply?

Best,

J

Thanks

Matthew

DragonRacing@hotmail.com

You can check with Carson Toyota (Google it for the phone number), or you can try IronToad.com, or RockAuto.com.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Matthew

DragonRacing@hotmail.com

You can check with Carson Toyota (Google it for the phone number), or you can try IronToad.com, or RockAuto.com.