Sunroof Leak!

Jeff_M

Im looking for the drain holes- i found the two in the front and they seem to be unclogged

Where are the other two drain holes?

Do i need to remove the sunroof to unblock the back two drains?

Its leaking behind the passenger seat on the roof, i placed a hose over the sunroof and it is definitely from that.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have had this problem before.

First of all, you need to clean out the dirt in your sunroof housing.

As you have already discovered, there are two drains in the front. If they are clogged, you can use any regular cable that fits the drains to tunnel through them and unclog them. I used a regular T.V. cable. :)

The back drains are hard to reach from the sunroof side, so you can work from the other end of the drains which is located under the rear fenders. You should see some tubing sticking out. I used an air compressor to blow them out.

Good luck, and don't forget to dry your carpet and seats. :D

Im looking for the drain holes- i found the two in the front and they seem to be unclogged

Its leaking behind the passenger seat on the roof, i placed a hose over the sunroof and it is definitely from that.

Thanks!

yes there is two in the front and two in the back

BTTT..

Thanks!

BTTT..

Thanks!

yes there is 2 in front of the sunroof and 2 in the back i can show you pics of what it looks like if you need....adam

• 1 year later...

FYI, I had a leak in my sunroof that was dumping a lot of water down from the head liner above the passenger seat. Jumped on the web and read here that others had the same problem so I tried my air compressor but it was broken, so that was out, I tried to use a long piece of shielded cable from (Cable TV type) as others recommended but it was too big so that was out. <_<

Next, I went to Home Depot and picked up a six foot strand of heavy gage wire that was small enough and flexible enough to slip right down the drain hole at the front of the channel and cleared everything in 5 minutes. Best of all, I didn't need to take anything apart, just open the roof, slip the flexible wire down the each hole and done in minutes, nothing fancy. ;)