Cd Player

tireman

I have a 99 LS400 with the factory CD mounted in the glove compartment. When you put a cd in the player, you can here it making a noise like it is trying to find the cd. The radio plays fine, so I don't think it is related to the O.E. telephone that is now obsolete.

I noticed that there have been no replies to your question, so I'll put in my silly little thought. My ancient 1994 LS400 started to falter recently, with strange noises, no music and the like a few months ago. After checking in with this excellent forum, I bought a Memorex CD cleaner on Amazon. It leads you through some sort of a cd laser cleaning exercise, with a sexy chickie telling you what to do. Upon completion, about 20 minutes, the cd player was as good as new. Cost about $10.00 total.

Hope your problem is just as simple.

I noticed that there have been no replies to your question, so I'll put in my silly little thought. My ancient 1994 LS400 started to falter recently, with strange noises, no music and the like a few months ago. After checking in with this excellent forum, I bought a Memorex CD cleaner on Amazon. It leads you through some sort of a cd laser cleaning exercise, with a sexy chickie telling you what to do. Upon completion, about 20 minutes, the cd player was as good as new. Cost about $10.00 total.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try.

Did the CD Cleaner suggested by TexasLexus94 solve your problem? If not, maybe the CD's are installed upside down??? Please keep us posted.