Fog Light Mode Not Drl

no you can't ask dealer

Yes, it involves moving a single ground wire from one pin to another on the turn signal combination switch. The only with this mod is that it will allow the fog lights to be on any time the street/parking/tail lights are on.

That's right.

Another super sweet lighting mod, somewhere here on the board, is rewiring so you can turn the lame DLR's off, in stead of having them automaticly come on when the headlights turn on. Our 400h doesn't have fog lights. The whole DRL reg's were drafted back when it was still (wrongly though) believed to increase traffic safety. Newer stats show no discernable reduction in accidents, yet we're still stuck w/ DLR's. Oh well, go figure.

no you can't ask dealer

Yes, it involves moving a single ground wire from one pin to another on the turn signal combination switch. The only with this mod is that it will allow the fog lights to be on any time the street/parking/tail lights are on.

hmm....sounds hard....is there any link that I can follow to do this mod? or how should I do the search on this fourm?

thanks,

Andy

That's right.

Another super sweet lighting mod, somewhere here on the board, is rewiring so you can turn the lame DLR's off, in stead of having them automaticly come on when the headlights turn on. Our 400h doesn't have fog lights. The whole DRL reg's were drafted back when it was still (wrongly though) believed to increase traffic safety. Newer stats show no discernable reduction in accidents, yet we're still stuck w/ DLR's. Oh well, go figure.

But on the other hand I'll buy all the "cheap" life insurance readily available. My '01 RX300 has a 12 volt relay mounted in series with the DRL circuit. The high beams are no longer used as DRLs since that damages the glass encapsulation of the bulbs. The N. O. relay contacts supply alternate (DRL) power to all of the street/parking/corner/tail lights plus two 3 watt Luxeon LEDs with collimator lens, one mounted in each front corner light position.

The LEDs' power is modulated at the 2 Hz rate allowed for motorcycles for attention getting.