Navigation Problem

e2stang

Can anyone help with advice on getting my Nav Unit to be able to unfreeze to allow

me to enter a destination. I have the ver 7.1 disk installed and was installed by the

Lexus dealer, however, they are trying to tell me I need a new ECU. At first the DVD

would not load and they stated to replace ECU because it wouldn't read 7.1 disk. I told

them to unplug and plug back the ECU power supply and it then was able to read the disk.

Can anyone help me!

If you are talking about the override menu to allow you to enter destinations while driving, that feature has been disabled with the 6.1 and 7.1 release of the navigation dvd. So you cannot enter an address while driving the car with the OEM 7.1 disc.

If you are having problems entering an address while stopped, that sounds like a bigger problem.

If you are talking about the override menu to allow you to enter destinations while driving, that feature has been disabled with the 6.1 and 7.1 release of the navigation dvd. So you cannot enter an address while driving the car with the OEM 7.1 disc.

If you are having problems entering an address while stopped, that sounds like a bigger problem.

Thanks,

Yep, I can't enter an address while stopped. I sure hate to fork over the extra for a New ECU. I think MAPQUEST will suffice.