Turbo Setup Question

stephenz

I just bought a rhd soarer (sc300) with the 1jzgte motor 5spd.I have a couple questions I got a obx twin turbo setup for the car as a gift!it came with (2)25g turbo's 46mm wg.I have all the supporting mods already waiting for install.My question is what do you guys think about this turbo setup?I have 1yr war.on the turbo's and life time on the manifold.Whats your opinions

stephenz

the 25g turbo's are T67's?

As a twin set up? are you planning on running on stock internals? or how far are you going? Are you setting up as a sequential or true twin?

If your running stock internals, twin T67's is overkill, and you won't want to go that route. MOst 1JZ swaps Iv'e sen drop the twin set up and go with a single turbo. On your car, the tranny will only hold about 350-375 hp anyway. And you'll need to do a clutch upgrade to get to that number. And a single T67 with an intercooler and properly tuned fic or stand alone will crank out 450-475 rwhp at 18 psi pretty easily. Which is well beyond the limits of the drivetrain.