Es300 Electrical Issues After Changing Battery

I recently changed the battery in my 98 ES300 with a battery from Costco. I confirmed that the size of the battery is correct.

I now have the following two issues:

1. The memory feature in the drivers seat no longer works. I cannot save my seat position preference or my wifes.

2. The Automatic climate control does not engage the fan. For that need to switch to manual mode which will adjust the fan speed when the temp is reached.

Any suggestions??

I recently changed the battery in my 98 ES300 with a battery from Costco. I confirmed that the size of the battery is correct.

1. The memory feature in the drivers seat no longer works. I cannot save my seat position preference or my wifes.

2. The Automatic climate control does not engage the fan. For that need to switch to manual mode which will adjust the fan speed when the temp is reached.

Any suggestions??

okay to start off, I have an 97 es300 with 163k on it, My battery hasnt died yet, but, the 1st problem with the seat memory is an issue I face. It may be disconnected or just got to the point where it jsut quit. The battery could have sent too much of a current to the seat memory causing a fuse to burn out. I am not sure if there is a fuse for this, but I will investigate this and return an answer if i find the problem on mine. The Fan issue your experience is common, sometimes these things just occur. but i will talk with someone at wwork about it, and maybe I can find an answer for this.

Any suggestions??

okay to start off, I have an 97 es300 with 163k on it, My battery hasnt died yet, but, the 1st problem with the seat memory is an issue I face. It may be disconnected or just got to the point where it jsut quit. The battery could have sent too much of a current to the seat memory causing a fuse to burn out. I am not sure if there is a fuse for this, but I will investigate this and return an answer if i find the problem on mine. The Fan issue your experience is common, sometimes these things just occur. but i will talk with someone at wwork about it, and maybe I can find an answer for this.

Thanks for the response.

I rechecked the fuse panel inside the dash and everything was okay. What I didnt check the first time was the large fuse panel next to the battery. All the fuses were okay, but Fuse 10 (a/c, power seat) must have been loose because when I put it back in, the Drivers power seat memory now works. No more adjusting the seat after my wife drives :)

It did not fix the Auto Climate Control. What I did test was when I turn the temp to the coldest setting (COLD) then the fan does engage. When it is off this setting it does not engage.

Any further help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure the fan problem & the battery switch are connected......could be just one of those things when the battery was changed. Costco's batteries are very good quality btw.....made by Johnson Controls (it's the identical battery as the Interstate Mega Tron for half the price). ;)

Keep us posted on what the problem turns out to be.

:cheers: