Putting A Fairly New Pioneer Receiver In '97 Sc300

lemaylexus

Hey everyone! I had a quick question I figured someone on here could answer for me, or at least point me in the right direction. I've got a fairly new Pioneer head unit (Pioneer DEH-P4800MP) that I bought to put in my Jeep, but since then I bought a 97 SC300 (which I love, by the way) and I've decided I want to put it in there instead. I much prefer the direct line-in sound quality of the aftermarket Pioneer to the tape adapter I'm using now. I currently have the stock Lexus premium sound, not the Nakamichi. I know that there's a sub and a mono amp somewhere and I'll need the correct wiring harness so all of that stuff will work. I'm just not sure where to go about finding the harness. If anybody could let me know what, if anything, else I need, or could point me in the direction of the correct harness, it would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to a better option for line in, such as using the changer line-in or an fm modulator, I'm open to anything. I wasn't sure if the changer line-in could be used or not. As you can see I'm pretty lost here. Haha. Thanks in advance!

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I had a quick question I figured someone on here could answer for me, or at least point me in the right direction. I've got a fairly new Pioneer head unit (Pioneer DEH-P4800MP) that I bought to put in my Jeep, but since then I bought a 97 SC300 (which I love, by the way) and I've decided I want to put it in there instead. I much prefer the direct line-in sound quality of the aftermarket Pioneer to the tape adapter I'm using now. I currently have the stock Lexus premium sound, not the Nakamichi. I know that there's a sub and a mono amp somewhere and I'll need the correct wiring harness so all of that stuff will work. I'm just not sure where to go about finding the harness. If anybody could let me know what, if anything, else I need, or could point me in the direction of the correct harness, it would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to a better option for line in, such as using the changer line-in or an fm modulator, I'm open to anything. I wasn't sure if the changer line-in could be used or not. As you can see I'm pretty lost here. Haha. Thanks in advance!

Dan

did you resolve your issue because I have the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...