Rx350 Compatible Rim For Snow Tires?!?

Messerchmidt

hi all,

i have been reading here on the forum that the rx350, due to its larger breaks, needs larger (special?) wheels - is this true? if so, what size?

I was going to get a set of old ES rims , steeles, or general cheapy 16 rims (of say criags list) and use those to mount snows on. Will my plan work? or do I need "special" rims of some kind?

hi all,

i have been reading here on the forum that the rx350, due to its larger breaks, needs larger (special?) wheels - is this true? if so, what size?

I was going to get a set of old ES rims , steeles, or general cheapy 16 rims (of say criags list) and use those to mount snows on. Will my plan work? or do I need "special" rims of some kind?

I've been looking for wheels to use for winter too, having bought a 95 LS 400 last week. From what I know, Lexus' cars that have big brakes need to have larger wheels to accommodate the big/large brakes. There are 16s that are BBK (Big Brake Kit), as well as, non-BBK. I think the ES 300 is non-BBK capable.