Bluetooth Improvement Upgrades For Gs300 '06

I'm considering signing up with AT&T wireless because the GSM phones work internationally and my Sprint CDMA phone does not (one of those Sanyo Katanas). However, I went to the Lexus bluetooth compatibility webpage and I noticed that the new '08 GS cars have near perfect compatibility with the Sony Erickson W580I phone that I want, but the '06 GS software does not have nearly as good compatibility.

I'm primarily concerned that I won't be able to dial a call on the handset and and have the handsfree continue the call. This is something that my Katana currently does, but the webpage claims the Sony Erickson W580i will not (in the '06).

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the dealer or Sony Erickson to provide a software patch that will enable me to make my new phone as compatible in my '06 car as in the '08 model?

• 2 weeks later...

i have an 06 gs430 using att with a palm treo 750. i can call with the phone and it goes to the car when the call is connected. Usually i do this rather than dial by the car since my mailbox number and password are automatically dialed with the phone. i have to manually put these in when i call with the car. I think most phones are similar.