A Cure For Bad Door Switches

obergc

I started to have a lot of problems with the theft deterrent system not working right, the alarm went off twice with the wife sitting in the car before she put the key in the ignition. The doors were locking by themselves when opened with the remote after the wife had opened the door and was sitting in the car. The memory switches on the drivers door were inop. All of these problems were caused by a bad door courtesy light switch. Rather then replace the switch, I found a way to easily remove and clean the switches without removing any trim or parts off the car. I then found out that most of the door switches in my car were bad or at best were working intermittently. After cleaning the switches, everything that I was having problems with started working properly, in fact it felt like a new car with all the little electronic glitches gone. I tried posting the procedure in the workshop but it wouldn't let me post it, I guess the presentation is a little too large at 711K. Anyone that is having troubles with their door switches, send me an email at obergc@cox.net and I will send it to you.

Curt