Is 300 Driver Window

Seadoo Dad

I have an IS 300 that when the driver side window will roll down half way after releasing the window switch. I have to hold the window button in the up position for 10 or more seconds for the window to stay up. I was wondering if the third party Clifford alarm system is interfering?

much thanks in advance

the way you explained this was sortof confusing... the drivers side window has an automatic down/up function and if you push it far enough in either direction it'll go all the way up or down without you having your finger on the switch. that's not the issue is it?

when the window reaches the top it will roll down to the mid position. If i hold the button in the up position while it is shut the window will stay up ( i have to hold the button for 10 seconds of so). is that a better explaination.

the way you explained this was sortof confusing... the drivers side window has an automatic down/up function and if you push it far enough in either direction it'll go all the way up or down without you having your finger on the switch. that's not the issue is it?

when the window reaches the top it will roll down to the mid position. If i hold the button in the up position while it is shut the window will stay up ( i have to hold the button for 10 seconds of so). is that a better explaination.

Hey Seadoo, I believe your car has an anti-pinch safety feature for the auto up window switch, meaning that if the window senses an obstruction it will roll back down half way. Do you think there could be anything stuck in the window seam that may be confusing the system that it is pinching something when its closing?

i contacted a dealer and they said there is an adjustment to the timing of the anti-pinch and the top stop of the window. they also suggested to put some silicone grease on the window seal. but it sounds like i have to fork out $140 to get it adjusted.