Need Some Help!

91-LS_400

greetings to all you lexus owners. i finally purchased my very first lexus that i had been wanting for a while. i need to know if it was a good deal or not. It is an older car but like all older cars it has its wear and tear. The car is a 91 ls400. it was originally brown but is now black. i can tell it was brown because of the color inside of the engine bay. the in terior of the car is fair the front seats are the only things that have some small tears on them. The engine and tranny are a little iffy. I gave it a oil change and tune up and added a fuel cleaner( the car had been sitting for a while). Had to replace the battery because the one it had was no good. Now that ive done all this ihave theses problems-1) The exhaust from the car is black 2) when driving the carits feels slow like the gears arent shifting properly or something. and when i put the car in gear it jolts. Besides that the car is in good condition and i picked up for $1,400

I would also like to know where i can get some HIDs for the car and the V.I.P. front bumper thanks

did you change tranny fluid?

did you check tranny fluid level?

as to black smoke, did you change the spark plugs? black smoke is when the fuel/air mixture is not at correct levels.

also check wiring, distributors, distributor caps and air filter.

all of these can cause black smoke

did you change tranny fluid?

did you check tranny fluid level?

as to black smoke, did you change the spark plugs? black smoke is when the fuel/air mixture is not at correct levels.

also check wiring, distributors, distributor caps and air filter.

all of these can cause black smoke

i wasnt able to buy new spark plugs but i cleaned them really good. Now i have no black smoke. i think the person who had it b4 put to much tranny fluid in it because i looked at the fluid level and it was very high.. Also i barely didnt pass emissions. i was very close. they said i might have a miss fire and thats the only thing keeping me from passing.

My transmission acts (or acted) like yours. When you accelerate, does the car shudder? Mine did that, and a week later, the car transmission failed., so it's sitting.

Actaully it doesnt shutter the only problem it has is when i put it in drive it jolts. it doesnt do it in reverse or neutral.