Refueling

Don33

Hi, everyone. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. I have a 2002 LS430 since new. I am experiencing difficulty in refueling in that the pump will not continue flowing ulesss I hold the handle higher than it would rest naturally. I don't remember this happening for the first couple of years but it seems not to matter where I re-fuel, this happens. Any thoughts?

Hi, everyone. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. I have a 2002 LS430 since new. I am experiencing difficulty in refueling in that the pump will not continue flowing ulesss I hold the handle higher than it would rest naturally. I don't remember this happening for the first couple of years but it seems not to matter where I re-fuel, this happens. Any thoughts?

There is a service bulletin on the filler tube with the Lexus LS 430. Just go into the dealership and they should replace the filler hose with a new one for free. I understand what you are saying... "the pump shuts off before the tank is full" and you have to mess with the hose to get the car topped off, right? This should do the trick. Good luck!

There is a service bulletin on the filler tube with the Lexus LS 430. Just go into the dealership and they should replace the filler hose with a new one for free. I understand what you are saying... "the pump shuts off before the tank is full" and you have to mess with the hose to get the car topped off, right? This should do the trick. Good luck!

Thanks very much. I have already called the dealer for an appointment.