Noob Here Looking At 92 Sc400 To Buy

cosc400

It is a 92 sc400 with 127,000 miles on it. The engine looks clean, however it drips oil from what looks like the transmision pan. However it is not trany fluid because the trany is full and it is black in color. On the dash the TRAC light is on. What does this mean? Also it needs new front struts. Is this car worth it? How much money could I look at puting into it? I don't want to put a whole lot into it. I can buy the car for 2,100. Thanks for helping me out.

Just my opinion:

It also depends on how rear the car is? I bought a 95 sc300 5sp with a limited slip diff. It had 180k miles on it and was definitely in an accident. Luckily I am a little mechanically savvy and said from the start that this will be a project car.

Also, how mechanically savvy are you; can you fix this by yourself without access to a lift(or maybe you do). Also how patient you are getting parts cheap...

The leaking oil and the Trac light might be connected. on the AUto cars the rear main sensor might have gone bad due to oil spilling out from the engine or transmission. It will require at least 4-6hrs of work.

$2k is kind of cheap. If you can get the buyer to repair for leaks and whatever else needs to be worked on, you could offer him $4500-5300 but wait for him to offer you.

Or you could buy it and try to repair it using your own mechanic. Also keep in mind parts won't be cheap. Labor is if you do it yourself.

good-luck