Turbo Ecu

stirling

hi

im wondering if any one knows of any other engine management systems besides the Apexi Neo, the E-manage or the

AEM standalone. i have the Neo now but it does not control idle and the stock ECU is relearning to its stock settings messing up the air/feul ratio. i kinow the AEM is the best thing to do, but it is pretty expensive, so, if anyone has or knows of something cheaper that really works and controls everything nicely it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Instead of using the AEM stand alone, which is $$$$, you can now use the AEM fic which is $$, and works awsome. I use it on my turbo application. It's a piggyback, but it doesn't mess with the idle at all. even light load and cold start are uneffected by it. They just came out with it less than a year ago, but it's by far the best one yet. I think you can get one for less than 500. If you go to my Modifying an IS 300 Dream Ride thread at the top of this forum, I have the info there along with pics.

Is anything on your car perfect???? Well, as close to it as I can say for sure. I'm still mastering it now. But I will say that what this new AEM is capable of doing is way more than any other I have used in the past. Jemini from another board posted this great write up. I happen to agree strongly:

post-42851-1196481937_thumb.jpg

Then I picked up the instruction manual. I was speechless! The manual was in ENGLISH!!!! I almost cried!

post-42851-1196481948_thumb.jpg

Not only was it in english but it was very easy to read. Even newbies can understand it. I included a copy of the instuctions in a PDF file below.

Looking at the harness, it is more complex. Much more wires than the blue. However, ALL the wires are labeled.

post-42851-1196481969_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1196482018_thumb.jpg

So, if you follow the instructions and see the wires, there's no way you can slip. The wiring diagram for our ECU is recommended.

Once I got it installed, I opened the software and the screens were similar to that of the blue. The maps are bigger, 26x17 I believe vs the 16x16 on the blue. What I like the most about it are the different readings that I can monitor.

post-42851-1196481980_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1196481996_thumb.jpg post-42851-1196482009_thumb.jpg

The RPM's are displayed on a guage as well as numerical. The boost sensor is a guage also, measures in PSIa. The 3rd guage is known as a UEGO gauge. This is an input that can accept several types of guages. I have my wideband connected. I find this to be the most useful because when i datalog, i can include my AFR readings with te rest. I can see my ARF reading at any RPM level, study it, and make fine tune adjustments. Very cool.

I can go on forever about this F/IC but I dont want to droll. All in all, this was well worth the investment, much better than the blue. I can increase AND decrease fuel which was my biggest problem in the blue. I wanna learn every aspects of this F/IC and master it! There is much more to it but I just touched the basics! I hope that when people read this, they would consider this piggyback.