The Infamous, "red Triangle"

Of course, it is part of the computer system.

BTW, we recently were in Kalispell on a trip to Glacier NP (the Going to the Sky road was closed :censored: ). Beautiful town and surroundings. My wife loved it - but it was early fall. Winter would probably change her mind.

Of course, it is part of the computer system.

BTW, we recently were in Kalispell on a trip to Glacier NP (the Going to the Sky road was closed :censored: ). Beautiful town and surroundings. My wife loved it - but it was early fall. Winter would probably change her mind.

Yes, the Dealer just told my wife that it means the 25K mile service is due. HA ! THAT aint gona happen at the Dealer, when there's nothing at 25K that most folks can't do their self. Still, it's strange the manual says the red triangle coupled with, a "Service Required" warning means oil change time.

The Going to the Sky road was in desperate need of repair the past couple years. Last summer it got quite a bit of rework. Nothing slows travel down more than a one lane road each direction under construction. But they sure can't do it in Winter :P Actually, the Flathead Valley is called a 'Banana Belt' because it's usually about 20 degrees warmer there, than the rest of the state, on the East side of the Rockies . . . and ZERO is way worse the 20 degrees. But the average winter temp is appx 30 degrees. Very do-able for most.

Glad you enjoyed your time in our summer neck of the woods! We have pictures of the Glacier taken in the 1920's. It extends nearly 5 miles farther down the mountain back then compared to now. And on the Canada side of Glacier National Park? There IS no more glacier. Pretty weird.

Edit:

My wife noted that the dealer quickly reset the red triangle by punching a sequence that she didn't note exactly. Anyone know what that sequence is?

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY FIGURED THE ACCURSED THING OUT !!!

Yes, it is in the owner's manual, right after oil change instructions (page 294 or 297 I think).

What it doesn't tell you is that you need to make sure it gives the Odometer reading underneath MAINTENANCE on the Speedometer display.

Do this by pushing the reset/select button to the left of the steering wheel, not the DISP button on the steering wheel.

Once it shows the odometer reading, turn the car off, push and hold the reset button (left of steering wheel), and turn key to ON (not all the way clockwise, but fully into the ON position). The display will show "MAINTENANCE RESET" in progress and will fill up boxes (time elapse). Hold until it resets.

Hope this helps. The bugger was bothering the heck out of me - I couldn't see my little battery/engine arrow animation.