Engine Knocking

Does any one have engine knocking on your GS? The knocking is much lighter than some diesel engine. I heard the knocking sound when the engine was cold. After driving for 10 minutes, the knocking sound reduced, but still can hear the knocking with radio off. The owner’s manual mentioned that the engine knocking is normal when engine is cold. It should go away after a while.

Will that be a problem in the future?

Richard

Does any one have engine knocking on your GS? The knocking is much lighter than some diesel engine. I heard the knocking sound when the engine was cold. After driving for 10 minutes, the knocking sound reduced, but still can hear the knocking with radio off. The owner’s manual mentioned that the engine knocking is normal when engine is cold. It should go away after a while.

Richard

My dad has the 350 and i noticed that on his as well. i dont like it.. my 430 however does not knock like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Richard

My dad has the 350 and i noticed that on his as well. i dont like it.. my 430 however does not knock like that.

I don't like the sound. It makes me feel that I am driving a car with diesel engine... :rolleyes:

Richard

I don't like the sound. It makes me feel that I am driving a car with diesel engine... :rolleyes:

Your GS still has a warranty, have it checked out. To me, injector sounds are more clicky and not a knock. I'm on the road traveling at this time but, if I recall the owner's manual correctly, it states to use a higher octane fuel. We have always used regular with fine results but you may be getting some discount fuel that isn't very good. Just a thought. Try some premium from Exxon, BP or Shell. Again, just a thought. It's worth a try because the dealer will ask what fuel you are using.