92-96 Es Front Door Panel Removal Help

es300_

can anyone please direct me to some instructions for getting the front door panel off? i have taken off the fasteners and screws that i can find but it's not budging. and i can't get the ring/trimpiece around the door latch off and know that has to come at some pt - thanks

i had mine removed the other day because mechanics accidentally rolled down my window when i told them not to because it gets stuck, you remove the fasteners, the lil change holder or whatever you want to call it on the door also needs to be pried, i noticed they used a screw driver to wedge the panel off the door, because of the age

Here's a pic with some pointers and instructions that might help.

Door_trim_removal.jpg

Photo courtesy of blk_on_blk

The door latch trim has a plastic hook on it on the forward side which fits into a slot inside the inner part of the door panel. So, to remove this piece of trim, carefully pry the rearward edge of the latch trim out a little bit from the panel with a small flathead screw driver (be careful not to puncture your door panel :( ) and then slide the whole trim piece rearward until the hook is clear of the slot it fits into. then it's easy to grasp the trim piece with your fingers and remove it from around the latch.

Once the two panel screws and two side trim pins are removed from the panel, then carefully pry the bottom edge of the panel away from the door (it's secured with push clips) and the door panel should come off, but will still be connected by the wiring harnesses for the window/lock controls and the trunk and gas cap compartment release buttons.