New Owner With A Couple Questions

sakr4360

I picked up a 99 ES300 with 46,000 miles. I have three questions for the gurus

When cold the trans holds third gear for quite a while. I imagine this is to get heat into the cats. But I have an aversion to running a cold engine at 3000-4000 rpm. Is there a trans or ecu flash that can eliminate this?

The premium sound system is pretty weak. What are recommended upgrades to get a better sound quality out of it.

Although only 46,000 miles on it is there a time lilit on replacing the cam belt? Scouring the site provided many ambiguous answers.

thanks, sak

When cold the trans holds third gear for quite a while. I imagine this is to get heat into the cats. But I have an aversion to running a cold engine at 3000-4000 rpm. Is there a trans or ecu flash that can eliminate this?

The premium sound system is pretty weak. What are recommended upgrades to get a better sound quality out of it.

Although only 46,000 miles on it is there a time lilit on replacing the cam belt? Scouring the site provided many ambiguous answers.

thanks, sak

#1- The transmission has to heat up to 153 degrees to be in full operational mode.

#2- Check the settings on the headunit. What genre of music are you playing? If I may ask.

#3- 90k

thanks, sak

#1- The transmission has to heat up to 153 degrees to be in full operational mode.

#2- Check the settings on the headunit. What genre of music are you playing? If I may ask.

#3- 90k

Thanks DC.

153 and 90K it is.

Music varies from rock to jazz. It just seems that there is no bottom or mids to the radio or CD. (kinda makes me wish I had the Bose system from my Maxima) Me wonders if different speakers will help or its just a matter of available horsepower from the head unit.