Is This A Good Price For A 99' Sc400?

Rob B

I have always loved this car and have found one that I might make an offer on. What are you thought's on the asking price listed below?

1999 SC 400

Silver/Black Leather

Car looks to mint and is a two owner vehicle.

Asking price $16,900

;)

When I first read your post my gut told me $12k is market on the car. I then peeked at KBB and it suggests $12k. Further, in my area I would argue SCs do behind book. When it all comes down to it though such things are a value judgement. If the seller is the second owner with maintenance records dating back to new one might step up and pay a premium. Good luck! It sounds like a fine example and is a great year for the model.

That is definitely a good price. Be sure to note that with 67k you are around the corner on some work for the car. Another 15k miles and you will need a new timing belt (recommended at 90k). Check out if this SC suffers the chronic issues that plague the rest (they aren't anything drastic, but worth a look). These are listed here: http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html#06.

To tell you the truth I think it's way too much. If KBB says the car value is 12k then I think for it to be a better deal, the car should be around 10k. That's just my opinion, I know that this car is very rare but be more patient I'm sure you can find a better deal out there.