New Maf Sensor But Same Problems Again

mc teg

I just bought a re manufactured MAF sensor because my car was stalling while warmed up. Well, I put the new one in and reset the ecu. It was running like a champ for one day and today it has the same symptoms, stalling while warmed up. Although I figured if I set the A/C on, it will not stall. It did not stall. But once you turn off the A/C, it sputter then stalls. I pulled off codes 24 and 31, air intake temp sensor and MAF sensor signal. I am completely stumped on what to do now. What is the air intake temp sensor and where is it?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello: The codes reveal that the second Maf unit is as bad as the first. I would suggest to take the old one and clean it really good, change your air filter if it is old or oily, if not give it a good cleaning with compress air. Remember if you are not able to see sunlight while looking at the inside of the filter is bad. Second you should look in the UK Lex forum on a tutorial on how to clean and test the Maf sensor. You may have to buy a new one or a new, remanufactured, one but you should clean the old one-first see if it works when properly cleaned. Also look in the www.lexls.com Web site for further info. The air intake senior its a little probe in the Maf sensor itself on model years 90-95. You also want to search this forum in the old postings for other references to the Mafia, since there has been other with similar problems. Make sure you clean the car's plug also, maybe corrosion in the connectors could account for the bad readings. Third clean the Throttle Body and Idle valve IACV. Good Luck

C. PR