Trans Problems...please Help

JDPSPAN

hello, this is for whoever can help. my member name is JDPSPAN. I have a 93 es300 that has recently started to

give serious problems. For starters, i kept having to put powersteering fluid in becuz after like 2 days it would all

leak out. next the car would overheat after driving it for awhile. to me it seems some kinda way,the powersteering

pump or lines from it, interacts with the cooling of the engine, via the fan, i dont really know.after all this occurs

the other day, im driving an as i was,the gas pedal went unresponsive as i pressed it. it would rev, but no movement

NOW im thinking my trans is going out, i dont know, when i would cut the car off an let it cool down, i could start

it an it would drive normal,then after goin a few blocks it would act up again. i could really use someone who can tell me

exactly what to do,becuz im about to put this car in the shop an spend alot of money on probably something i

dont need done. i was jus going to get the whole trans redone,including the powersteering problem. If whoever can

respond to me ASAP,I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT! HELP,HELP,HELP!!!

Transmissions can be finicky, and if you don't have a clear understanding of what is causing the problem, then what you need to do is find the most qualified and reputable shop you can. Go in for a 'diagnostic'... don't just tell them to rebuild the whole tranny. A talented mechanic will diagnose the problem(s) correctly, and from there you can make an educated decision of how to proceed. A good mechanic is a valued asset! (conversely, a bad mechanic is a nightmare... finding a good mechanic/shop is effort well spent).

Transmissions can be finicky, and if you don't have a clear understanding of what is causing the problem, then what you need to do is find the most qualified and reputable shop you can. Go in for a 'diagnostic'... don't just tell them to rebuild the whole tranny. A talented mechanic will diagnose the problem(s) correctly, and from there you can make an educated decision of how to proceed. A good mechanic is a valued asset! (conversely, a bad mechanic is a nightmare... finding a good mechanic/shop is effort well spent).