2002 Lexus Es300 Bumper Repair Problem.help?

Hi everybody,

I am owner of es300 and one of my college bump the back of the 2002 Lexus.

You could see the paint crack and start coming out.

I toke the car to Hedrix lexus, Charlotte and tehy told me that is been repair before and could not be this time.

I have to put a new bumper.

In the future will be visible if some one else repaired.

Please, I need you oppinion. This will cost me a $1000.

Thnx.

Martin

The bumper was repaired once. Therefore, the original paint was most likely not sanded down and the new paint just covered the original layer after repair. Therefore, you probably have two layers of paint on the bumper. It is cheaper to just get a new bumper than trying to sand the old paint off.

A second repair attempt is not recommended because the bumper integrity has been compromised from the second accident.

$1000 is just about what every other place quotes. To me that seems a little bit excessive. A new bumper is about $350. They add on the paint, matching and all those disposal costs that are inflated in my opinion. How long will it take to match the paint and paint the bumper? Whole job can be done in less than 4 hours of total labor

By the way, you have to consider that the new bumper color will most likely not going to match the quarter panels off your car because your car's original color had faded over the years. You will notice the difference if you look carefully. It's a matter of how much color difference will you accept.

What color is your car?

By the way, you have to consider that the new bumper color will most likely not going to match the quarter panels off your car because your car's original color had faded over the years. You will notice the difference if you look carefully. It's a matter of how much color difference will you accept.

This isn't true. High quality paint shops can and will electronically tint the paint shade so that it will match. That coupled with the fact that modern paints are much less prone to fading means with a quality shop the match should be perfect.

$1,000 sounds about right, get some other quotes from well respected and reccomended shops. I'd pass on the dealership personally.