Winter Tires For 2006 Is250

I need help finding a good winter tire for a 2006 is250. My 17 year old son drives this to school. His Uncle bought it for him before he passed away. I don't want him to wreck it on bad winter roads. Thanks for your input

Check out TireRack.com as well as consummerreports.org. Lots of ratings and user opinions etc…

Bridgestone, Goodyear & Continental seem to be rated very well but any dedicated winter tire should be a huge benefit in bad weather. Most of the ratings seem to nit-pick the subtle differences so I would take the data with a grain of salt.

I don’t endorse any one specifically but the information is very helpful. Personally, I have a full set of wheels with winter performance tires on the way to my home.

It is a bit of a pain since these cars have TPMS.

L8R

I need help finding a good winter tire for a 2006 is250. My 17 year old son drives this to school. His Uncle bought it for him before he passed away. I don't want him to wreck it on bad winter roads. Thanks for your input

Check out TireRack.com as well as consummerreports.org. Lots of ratings and user opinions etc…

Bridgestone, Goodyear & Continental seem to be rated very well but any dedicated winter tire should be a huge benefit in bad weather. Most of the ratings seem to nit-pick the subtle differences so I would take the data with a grain of salt.

I don’t endorse any one specifically but the information is very helpful. Personally, I have a full set of wheels with winter performance tires on the way to my home.

It is a bit of a pain since these cars have TPMS.

L8R

Thanks for the info. I have spent some time checking out the TireRack and found it very helpful.

Thanks for the info. I have spent some time checking out the TireRack and found it very helpful.

Cool, glad I could help.

As a point of reference; I went with 17" rims with Dunlop Winter Sport 3D. The tires I originally wanted were out of stock so these seen to be well rated too.

Lexus dealers seem to be charging about $120 - $145 to program the TPM sensor ID codes into the vehicle's system. This assumes that the wheels are already mounted on to the vehicle and all they have to do is program the sensors.

My local Toyota dealer will do the same task for only $55! :rolleyes: I am glad that I inquired with them. Ya gotta love the marketing of vehicles.

I should be getting the wheels soon so I hope I do not run into any issues.

Regards,