Tried A New Product Line...

I have been detailing cars since college. Never as a profession, however I have been through many processes, products, and systems. Some have been pretty good some not so good.

I have had good luck with Meguiars products through the years and intermittant luck here and there. I recently worked with the Glare product line and found it to be a pretty good product. Same with Wolfgang. the Glare tended to clog the nooks and trim with white chalky stuff though. The Wolfgang seriously lacked durability.

Since then I have been working through the Ultima Finish Care line. I am here to tell you that this is a line worth checking out. Amazing products.

Quick reviews follow.

Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System - 0/10 I was not pleased. Wasted time and money. Using a clay bar is catagorically a better concept. I use the Sonus clay bar and lube, but I have had equal luck with others.

Ultima Paint Guard Wash - 10/10 Couldn't be much better. Rinses well no spots. Smells good. Lots of thick creamy foam.

Ultima Paint Prep Plus - 10/10 Worked perfectly smelled great. NOT designed to remove heavy paint damage. I applied it with a Porter Cable buffer and an orange foam pad. Took me about 30 minutes for the entire LS.

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus and Ultima Interior Guard Plus - 10/10 Best trim and tire dressing I have ever used. Durable, dry quickly to a matte finish. No smell once dry. Work as advertized.

Ultima Detail Spray Plus - 1/10 I found the stuff nearly useless. Waste of money. Good for removing bug guts, or bird droppings. I find it simpler to just spot wash these areas and reapply the sealant.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus - 11/10 This stuff is best in class. Works as advertized. Simply amazing product. I cannot tell you how amazing this product is!! Goes on my LS430 in about ten minutes flat. No removal required. Slickest sealant I have ever encountered. Durable as heck! Kind of pricey, but considering how little is required per application, it will last forever. I get alot of compliments on look and physical feel. Oh. No white crud left in the nooks either. Short of the development of microfiber towels this is the best product I have ever used.

When I work with my vehicles I always make sure I have plenty of new or clean microfiber towels, microfiber applicators, and foam applicators. I use a microfiber wash mitt as well.

I use Aquapel on all of my glass surfaces. Works like week old Rain-X without all of the issues, but lasts about 6 to 8 months.

Hope this helps some of you looking to prepare for winter!

I would recommend to try the Turtle Wax Ice Products in liquid form, besides the clay, the wax is just great. The Ultima Paint Prep Plus caused a yellow spot in my white car, but the part in which that happened was painted a month before. Next time I will not put any wax until 3 months on any car that has recently been painted. The Ice Stuff is so great you can apply it in direct sunlight with no problems. But the Ultima Paint guard plus is the easiest one to apply and to get results from.

I found the Ultima detail plus to be a good product, but never intended to be a waterless spot/dirt remover in itself.

CPR