Adding Lexus Gs430 Navigation/ac Controls To 99 Gs300

Hello all. This is my first post to the club.

I have a couple of questions, that I'm hoping someone may be able to answer:

I have a 99 GS 300. Is it possible to buy the GS430 Navigation & AC Controls, and have them installed in my car? I want to pull the current base headunit and digital AC/Heater controls out, and put in the one Navigation unit. Can this be done?

Also, can the rubber weather stripping, at the bottom of both front doors be replaced? I have two small tears at the corner of both doors, and I recently tore the hanging pieces off. Is that rubber part of the door frame, itself? Or can I take it someplace and have two new ones put on. I'm sure they serve the purpose of not letting water get in, under the bottom of the doors...also, it looks bad cosmetically. Now, no one else seems to notice it...but I know it's there, and it bugs the crap out of me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles

Thanks guys, for the info. I guess I just assumed that these days, this type of upgrade would be easy. I guess it's still the same old thing. Well, I can make it without the nav. The car is mainly my wife's anyway, and she has a pretty good sense of direction. As for me, well, in most cases, I'm screwed. I'm just glad my truck has nav. rolleyes.gif

But, I'm still wondering if anyone knows about that weather stripping at the bottom of the doors. Both on the front doors, began splitting at the back corners. I tore the split pieces off, and wanted to know if a new piece could be put on the doors. If anyone happens to know, I'd greatly appreciate some info.

Thanks!