Warning Lights

wydlerssf

Hi Deb. Sounds like its your low coolant level warning lamp. Be sure not to remove the radiator cap with the engine hot. Its best to first check the coolant level in the "overflow" tank and if needed, add coolant there.

If your coolant level looks OK, it could be a faulty sensor.

I have a warning light on the panel of my LS400 and I dont know what it means,

It looks a little like the lincoln memorial or the whitehouse?

I had a friend said she thought it looked like an air filter, ANY HINTS?

Debbie

Surely the light is the low coolant, but look and see if the Power steering pump is leaking on the alt. when the alt goes the warning lights slowly come on one by one because the battery has to keep all the systems going and they fail slowly. just something to check so you are not stranded with a dead car!

Debbie

:cries: thanks so much for your reply we have put coolant in the car twice so it must be something else like maybe the alternator yikeslllll

Debbie

:cries: thanks for your reply we have already put coolant in and i'm afraid it might be more serious, my car has 228,000 miles on it not ready to give it up or put big money into it, My drivcer window is sticking too I have read a couple of quotes here about that too.

Debbie

Hi Deb. Sounds like its your low coolant level warning lamp. Be sure not to remove the radiator cap with the engine hot. Its best to first check the coolant level in the "overflow" tank and if needed, add coolant there.

If your coolant level looks OK, it could be a faulty sensor.

Debbie

well the good news is that you are proactive and not reactive!

if the Alt is going then the Power steering pump is leaking. Check this by removing the air intake parts until the MAF sensor or just look at the return hose on the PSP (pwr steer pump, look for the upper hose). If the area is wet at all then you have a leak. The Alternator is located directly under the pump (bad design, Lexus is to blame) but the hose can be replaced with at cheap hose from NAPA autozone PEP boys, etc. Your Alternator may die down the road but I lost two in one year (3 total) but after the pump is fixed all should be fine!!

:cheers:

No problem. You say you have added coolant twice. Did the light ever go off at that time? Or has it stayed on?

:cries: thanks for your reply we have already put coolant in and i'm afraid it might be more serious, my car has 228,000 miles on it not ready to give it up or put big money into it, My drivcer window is sticking too I have read a couple of quotes here about that too.

Debbie