Cruise Control Issue

Hi All, I am new here. Just pick up my new 2007 Lexus GS 300. The cruise control on the car is not holding steady. I set the cruise at 55. It can go as high as 58 before backing off to 55. Sometimes it can slow down to 53 before picking back up to 55. Am I having a problem unique to my car? Can it be adjusted by the dealer? I had a Volvo V70 and a Lexus RX300 before, neither of these cars had a problem like this. I used to be able to set the car to cruise at a certain speed and it pretty much hold that speed all the time without a noticeable drop off or cruising in excess of the set speed. Thank you for your help.

• 1 month later...
Hi All, I am new here. Just pick up my new 2007 Lexus GS 300. The cruise control on the car is not holding steady. I set the cruise at 55. It can go as high as 58 before backing off to 55. Sometimes it can slow down to 53 before picking back up to 55. Am I having a problem unique to my car? Can it be adjusted by the dealer? I had a Volvo V70 and a Lexus RX300 before, neither of these cars had a problem like this. I used to be able to set the car to cruise at a certain speed and it pretty much hold that speed all the time without a noticeable drop off or cruising in excess of the set speed. Thank you for your help.

While you go down hill, the car will add speed of its own, the cruse control will active and slow down your car to your preset 55 mph. When you go uphill, the car will slow down, and than add the speed to meet your reset. But, if you are not driving up and down the hill, than you might want to check the dealer to see if that is normal.

Richard