Ls400 Engine Self Diagnostic

Edchantry

I just recently bought a 1992 LS400 and just 2 days ago my check engine light came on, I went around and the lowest price I could find for a engine diagnostic is 70 dollars, I dont really want to pay 70 dollars... so im wondering if the 92 LS has a self diagnostic for the engine. thanks!

I just recently bought a 1992 LS400 and just 2 days ago my check engine light came on, I went around and the lowest price I could find for a engine diagnostic is 70 dollars, I dont really want to pay 70 dollars... so im wondering if the 92 LS has a self diagnostic for the engine. thanks!

Its not an OBD2 so you cant use a generic scanner, but you can jump the diagnostic port in the motor compartment and count the flashes and decode the symptom. The E1 and the TE1 sockets in the socket need to be jumped and then put the car to ign on, but not start, then count the check engine light flashes. diagnostic code procedure