Newbie In The House

Hey guys! First off I want to introduce myself, my name is Brian and I am from Oregon.

I plan on getting a SC300 when ever I can find one preferably the 1993 mile, just because its cheap and I like it. :D

I probably know the absolute minimum to cars but hey, we all have to start somewhere right? My cousin told me that I should find a forum dedicated to Lexus' and here I am at your guys big forum. I'm really interested in the street racing / drifting scene, and well I was wondering if you guys could give me a push start. Somewhere I can begin to read about cars in general than more in depth reading about the SC300. I really want to know everything about this car, I want it to be my life! Haha. But I plan on going all out and having a crazy street car, so crazy it'll be in a magazine... Maybe :P . Thanks in advance guys, and I think I'm posting in the right place... If I'm not that'd be great if you could move it or something. Thanks!

I want to have it look something like this... http://www.intellexual.net/images/fa0038a1.jpg

... And also are the SC300 / 400 very similar? Since they seem to be categorized together a lot.

Sc300's have limits to modifiying the inline 6 cylinder motor and are really not powerful enough to drift in my opinion... The SC300's come in automatic and or manual transmissions, but I would only purchase a manual tranny if you plan to modify... Many people do engine swaps on the sc300's with the Supra 2jz.. motors... The Sc400 have the bigger V8 4.0 liter motors and are capable of handling up to 400-500whp but the SC400's only come equiped with automatic trannies which limits you to modify or drift as well...

I own the Sc400 and love the car but the tranny is a hinderance when modifying...

The SC300's are a bit gutless in stock form, I would look into another car for your interests... Maybe the manual IS300's or something for drifting, something smaller and lighter, that is if you budget permits...I've seen some pretty spunky modified IS300's floating around, that can bolt and drift very well...

Hey Mister Jibby, So you cant really build up the stock motor that comes in the SC300? Because I don't really want to do an engine swap. And also I really like the SC300, I want to have Luxary + Power on a small budget. I'm young with a bit up money and want to learn and build something good. The SC300 is my ideal car, and I really want to make it work! What if I make it to just drag? Please help me sir!

Well, on the SC300's you can make the exhaust and intake flow better for sure by changing out the mufflers, cats and straightening out the exhaust piping. You can also go extreme and toss some headers onas well... For the intake you can work in the BFI intake for free... Lastly a piggy-back ECU...That should power up the SC300's some 40-50hp or so...

If you don't want to swap in a motor later on down the road on an SC300 I would go with an SC400 if you don't mind the automatic transmission...More powerful and better long lasting motor... Also has that wing on the back too..