Fuel Gauge And Tachometer Stopped Working

jamnall

93 LS 400 hadn't been driven for about a month, had to jump battery to get it to start and now the fuel guage and the tach do not work, also the oil,radiator,trac, brake light are on, any suggestions besides disconnecting the battery?

93 LS 400 hadn't been driven for about a month, had to jump battery to get it to start and now the fuel guage and the tach do not work, also the oil,radiator,trac, brake light are on, any suggestions besides disconnecting the battery?

Is your power steering leaking? If so it may be starting to short out your altenator from dripping on it. Mine would act real funky on real cold days but fine on hot days even with a new battery. Are you sure it dose not work at all or just the needels are not lite?

Is your power steering leaking? If so it may be starting to short out your altenator from dripping on it. Mine would act real funky on real cold days but fine on hot days even with a new battery. Are you sure it dose not work at all or just the needels are not lite?

Needles light up , but they do not move (gas and Tach) . They worked fine until car went dead. Power steering is not leaking.

Needles light up , but they do not move (gas and Tach) . They worked fine until car went dead. Power steering is not leaking.

How long has it been this way? Have you driven it much since it started doing it? My 94 did some funky stuff like that before and just fixed itself after a little while. Some of the other folks might have a better answer but I am not real sure what would fix it.