Partial Display On 2003 Rx300

zea14

Anyone know why only the climate control portion of my display would go out? A/C continued to work fine, but I lost the climate control, the outside temperature and info (mpg, etc) display. The radio controls & clock were unaffected. They suddenly came back on 15 minutes later. ODD!!

I immediately had my charging system checked and all was fine. A few weeks ago I had a light come on saying a back tailight was out. Wasn't true and the warning light never came back. I've never had a single problem with this car before. Only 44k miles.

• 4 months later...
Anyone know why only the climate control portion of my display would go out? A/C continued to work fine, but I lost the climate control, the outside temperature and info (mpg, etc) display. The radio controls & clock were unaffected. They suddenly came back on 15 minutes later. ODD!!

I immediately had my charging system checked and all was fine. A few weeks ago I had a light come on saying a back tailight was out. Wasn't true and the warning light never came back. I've never had a single problem with this car before. Only 44k miles.

I had the same problem a couple years back and after a few trips to the dealer they finally admitted to seeing this problem on other RX's. They claimed a connect on a board in the display unit was the issue. The problem did not re occur until last week. Only one time (so far) after starting the car has the climate control display failed. I expect to see this happen again but I'm not sure if it is a connection or a computer problem. Of course the warranty is now expired on the car. I plan to wait it out and hope the problem disappears or at least occurs only randomly.