Air Bag Dash Light

The airbag warning light should NEVER come on unless there is a fault in your vehicle's air bag system (supplemental restraint system or SRS). Like the engine computer and ABS computer, the air bag control module runs a self-check every time the vehicle is driven. If it finds a fault in a crash sensor, one of the air bag modules, the wiring or itself, it will set a code, turn on the warning light and disable itself. You can drive the vehicle but the air bag(s) will NOT deploy should you be involved in an accident. You should have the problem diagnosed and repaired at your dealer........they have the proper test equipment which is necessary to determine the problem.

Mine does it every now and then... almost always after i move the position of the seat when my wife and i switch cars. All i do is turn the car back off, reach under the seat to the big clump of wires, jiggle them, and turn the car back on. It almost always fixes the problem. Someone else in this forum gave me that idea. Apparently they didn't make the wires under the seat long enough and over time they need a little 'jiggle'.... just my experience. Good luck. BTW i have a '98