Making Disc With Mp3's

Hi,

Has anyone created a compact disc containing MP3's that plays in the 6-disc CD Changer? I tried creating one and the player didn't recognize it. I figured before I kill a bunch of disc's trying to figure out the right format, I'd check here to see if anyone has already figured this out.

Thanks,

33Lexus

2008 ES 350 - Smokey Granite - Black Leather

Hi,

Has anyone created a compact disc containing MP3's that plays in the 6-disc CD Changer? I tried creating one and the player didn't recognize it. I figured before I kill a bunch of disc's trying to figure out the right format, I'd check here to see if anyone has already figured this out.

Thanks,

33Lexus

2008 ES 350 - Smokey Granite - Black Leather

I made a MP3 CD (not DVD won't work) and got it to work in my 07 GS 450h with no name 700mb cds through Windows MP. Not exactly sure, but I didn't do anything special. I will tell you that if the song doesn't play through MS WMP it won't play it the car. Hope you get it to work as its awesome to have several CDs on one disk!

• 2 months later...

I have the same basic question and I'm not sure your suggestion of using the Moviavi Video suite is the solution (it might be).

The basic question is how to put music files onto a DVD so that it will play in the ML setup. The reason for using DVD media rather than CD is the storage capacity. I've burned a CD and had no problems with the ML system playing it. However, the manual says that DVD-R (and the like) media will not play (you have to use a DVD that is encoded with a movie or mpeg2 file) and I can confirm that from having burned MP3s onto a DVD and it won't play.

So... the real question is whether Movieavi Video Suite can convert MP3 files into mpeg2 files and burn them onto a DVD so that they will play from that DVD on the ML system.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers,

Brian

I understand your question. Many people are trying to get DVD with MP3's to work. I have suggested that people try to author the DVD as a DVD-AUDIO disc with MP3 files instead of the typical DVD-VIDEO disc.

I do not have any knowledge about the DVD burning softwares so I do not know if it would make a difference. Your thinking is similar to mine. Burn the files onto a DVD in another format MPEG2, PPCM etc... and see if it will work.

No one has put all the pieces of this puzzle together. I have many DVD-R movies but I have not tried them in the ML system. I guess I should try that first to confirm if a DVD-R(W) will work at all.