Help With Factory Amp Bypass (94es300)

Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain in detail how to bypass my stock amplifier. It fried a while back, and my stock radio stopped working also when it happened. I am planning to install a aftermarket head unit anyway so I wasn't that disappointed. So I have what I think is the proper wiring diagram, and I don't understand which wires to connect to each other. On the input side of the amp it appears that there is one for each speaker (FR FL RL RR), but on the output side that goes to the speakers there is both a negative and positive wire for each. How do I rig this?

I also don't really know what to do with the other wires either , lol.

p.s. if its not obvious I am mentally challenged at audio wiring :whistles:

thanks for the help :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hey I can help you with this, I have been working with electronics for 40 plus years, its not difficult to do, all you need to do is remove the passenger seat, then using the wiring diagram that you have in the fsm or from alldata, on the amp there are two connectors, one is from the radio, the other is to the speakers.... all you do is take the left and right audio output from the radio and connect it to the appropriate speakers, the audio system is basically front rear, left and right, there is one set of wires that feed the front left, the front right, and a separate set that connect the rear left and rear right.... any questions feel free to email me at capnfred57@yahoo.com, I just rewired my 93 es300 audio system so I am very familiar with it.... if you still have the mouning hardware from the oem radio I am very interested in that, also the trim piece that goes between the radio and cup holder..... anyway give me a buzz....

Capn