2001 Rx300 Aftermarket Bluetooth/sound System

wiredinla

I love my 2001 rx300 with a couple of exceptions. The CD changer requires me to insert cds in the glove compartment

and there is no link for an mp3 player. Second, my car has no bluetooth connectivity.

Is there a good aftermarket solution for both of these things? (or two separate solutions).

I now have a smartphone and would love to hook it up to the car through bluetooth-hands free. Also at the very least

id like to be able to put cd's in the dash rather than the glove compartment.

The sound itself is fine. I'm happy with the speakers etc. no need to upgrade speakers, just the input devices.

the car has a cassette player but honestly my old casettes are really starting to rot. Don't think I've really

used that feature.

thanks for any advice.

i only have around 48K miles so no need to trade in - car is going strong knock on wood.

no real desire for nav system either. i like paper maps and mostly drive the same route every day.

i don't know what others do about the mp3 option, but for the bluetooth, i recently installed a parrot 3200ls into my 04 rx330 and i like it.

post-32904-1191275940_thumb.jpg

How is the sound quality of your parrot? Any issues with it? Who installed the control panel and did you install it under the dash?

From the company website, it appears to be a pretty decent system but my car is still under warranty and I don't want to compromise that. how did you work around installation and warranty?

I just bought a BMW 328 with Bluetooth and the stereo system plays the phone conversation. It is impeccable sound without road noise or any distortion. My wife likes it enough that we would like to find something for her '05 330.

Gary

i don't know what others do about the mp3 option, but for the bluetooth, i recently installed a parrot 3200ls into my 04 rx330 and i like it.

How is the sound quality of your parrot? Any issues with it? Who installed the control panel and did you install it under the dash?

From the company website, it appears to be a pretty decent system but my car is still under warranty and I don't want to compromise that. how did you work around installation and warranty?

I just bought a BMW 328 with Bluetooth and the stereo system plays the phone conversation. It is impeccable sound without road noise or any distortion. My wife likes it enough that we would like to find something for her '05 330.

Gary

i did the installation myself and i placed the module under the dash. the sound is clear without any noise and i like the system alot. if you don't want to cut into any wires, then just buy the plug-n-play harness which is about $60. i didn't care for that so i just cut into the wires in the back of the radio.

Gary

i did the installation myself and i placed the module under the dash. the sound is clear without any noise and i like the system alot. if you don't want to cut into any wires, then just buy the plug-n-play harness which is about $60. i didn't care for that so i just cut into the wires in the back of the radio.

Never heard of Parrot. Where did you get the unit? The web site says that Best Buy sells the brand, but I did not find it on their web site.

Does Parrot make a GPS-equipped unit for a 2000 RX300? I want to give my wife one for Christmas.

Gary

Never heard of Parrot. Where did you get the unit? The web site says that Best Buy sells the brand, but I did not find it on their web site.

Does Parrot make a GPS-equipped unit for a 2000 RX300? I want to give my wife one for Christmas.

you can buy it online but i got mine at circuit city.