92 Es300 Dash Needles Dont Light? How To Fix?

RUSTYM38

THE NEEDLES DONT LIGHT ON MY DASH, I THINK THIS IS COMMON ON SOME OF THESE CARS, COULD SOMEONE LET ME KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE? THANKS, RUSS

Well that makes two of us. I just bought a used 300 ES,1994 with the dash needles out. If you look in the F.A.Q. for the 300 ES, there is some info on this topic and others. Here is a copy & paste for the needles:

there is no bulb in the needles

It is not owner serviceable ,the needles can be replaced by getting other good ones from ebay or a junk yard. The backlighting bulbs ( illuminate behind the cluster for km/m and others) can be replaced by removing the whole unit and opening it up then replacing the bulbs . Other wise buy a new dash from lexus

get a good one form ebay and live with a different mileage

or send it to some guy in the states who want $200- 550 usd to change the needles . Also available in different colors.

...anyone out here that can direct us would be greatly Appreciated. I found a used dash for $130.00, but again the miles would likley be different..anyone help??

I just found this site. You can fix the needles if you have the ability..:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212184

• 1 month later...
THE NEEDLES DONT LIGHT ON MY DASH, I THINK THIS IS COMMON ON SOME OF THESE CARS, COULD SOMEONE LET ME KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE? THANKS, RUSS

My 2 long needles also died, I got 2 long needles in good condition via ebay and replace the backlight with 8 leds. It's super white backgroung with red led needles.

• 3 months later...

My 2 long needles also died, I got 2 long needles in good condition via ebay and replace the backlight with 8 leds. It's super white backgroung with red led needles.

Where did you find all the parts to do this. I have the same probs.

Lextech.com has some cool stuff. Half-way cheap.

Lextech.com has some cool stuff. Half-way cheap.

www.lextech.org :P