Rain Sensor

Rtw_ca

I just bought an accidented Es350 from the US and brought it into Canada. Unfortunately, the guys who rebuilt it in the US were scoundrels and really did a poor job. For one, they put on the wrong windshield, the wrong front bumper and a wrong headlamp! All parts from the entry level ES350 and not the Premium car with HID headlamps, parking assist and the rain sensor.

My rain sensor is just hanging from its wires and I want to install it. I have the additional plastic "lens" but I would like to know from someone who has this option if that portion of the windshield where the sensor is installed is clear or is it installed over the black dots? As my windshield is for a car without this option, I don't have the bracket on the windshield. So do I have to scrape of some of those black dots on my windshield?

Thanks

I just bought an accidented Es350 from the US and brought it into Canada. Unfortunately, the guys who rebuilt it in the US were scoundrels and really did a poor job. For one, they put on the wrong windshield, the wrong front bumper and a wrong headlamp! All parts from the entry level ES350 and not the Premium car with HID headlamps, parking assist and the rain sensor.

My rain sensor is just hanging from its wires and I want to install it. I have the additional plastic "lens" but I would like to know from someone who has this option if that portion of the windshield where the sensor is installed is clear or is it installed over the black dots? As my windshield is for a car without this option, I don't have the bracket on the windshield. So do I have to scrape of some of those black dots on my windshield?

Thanks

Mine is attached right over those black dots.