Lexus Rx 350 Servicing Question.

Kutra

Hi:

Do you service your Lexus RX350 by miles or time? I don't rack up enough miles...about 10,000 a year. So for the first year, I did the servicing at 6 months (the car had 3000 miles), then at 12 months (the car had 6000 miles). It's 18 months now and the car has 10,000 miles.

Does it make sense to go for the recommended 18 months or 15,000 miles just because my car is 18 months old or should I wait for the car to put on 15,000 miles?

Please advise since the Lexus dealer charges $200 for the servicing!

Thanks,

K

Hi:

Do you service your Lexus RX350 by miles or time? I don't rack up enough miles...about 10,000 a year. So for the first year, I did the servicing at 6 months (the car had 3000 miles), then at 12 months (the car had 6000 miles). It's 18 months now and the car has 10,000 miles.

Does it make sense to go for the recommended 18 months or 15,000 miles just because my car is 18 months old or should I wait for the car to put on 15,000 miles?

Please advise since the Lexus dealer charges $200 for the servicing!

Thanks,

K

at my dealer, it's always said "whichever comes first"... so if you hit the time period first rather than mileage, then go by time. your lexus service advisor should have explained this to you?