Second Request

Capt Pete

About 10 days ago I posted a question about oil pressure readings on an 06 LX470. I did receive one response and thank that member. I would really appreciate several responses from 05 and 06 owners to see what the distribution is across the vehicles. If a few members will simply look at the oil guage when waiting at a traffic light and again when cruising down a highway about 60 mph and post that info, I would be most appreciative. FYI, below is the text of the original post. Thanks.

"I recently pruchased a 2006 LX470 that has 12,000 miles. Beautiful SUV that looks like new and appears to have had a very good life before me. But I do have one concern.

The oil pressure guage is divided into 5 dashes, with a "L" at the lowest dash and a "H" at the highest dash. For this description I will refer to the lowest dash as "1" and the highest as "5". My engine operates at the 2 position and when started first thing in the morning almost gets to the 3 position. At hot idle through cruising at 65 MPH the needle remains between 2 and maybe a 2.75 position. Since there are no numeric markings on the dashes I do not know the PSI translation, but an oil pressure guage reading less than half scale at 2000 RPM sounds low to me.

Thus my question as to what readings are other owners seeing? I am running the Lexus 5W-30 oil with a Lexus filter, having had the oil changed about 1000 miles ago. Your help in sorting this concern out would be most appreciated."

Pete