Tear On Glove Box Door

ahp

I have a 2007 IS250 and got a small tear on the glove box door!! I tried using a leather repair kit and I think it looks worse now! Any suggestions to fix it or does anyone know where to find a new glove box door? The dealer doesn't sell just the door by itself... have to buy the whole glove compartment which runs around $450+. I've tried local "junk yards", but they don't carry such a new part. Help!

I have a 2007 IS250 and got a small tear on the glove box door!! I tried using a leather repair kit and I think it looks worse now! Any suggestions to fix it or does anyone know where to find a new glove box door? The dealer doesn't sell just the door by itself... have to buy the whole glove compartment which runs around $450+. I've tried local "junk yards", but they don't carry such a new part. Help!
Have you tried an auto upholstery shop?

Have you tried an auto upholstery shop?

Yeah, I tried one place, but 3 hours later they ended up telling me the glove box door would be hard to open (leather was too thick I guess). I'll try another place when I get a chance. Thanks.