Door Panel

The Pir@te

I had that terrible accident recently as a pickup crashed into my driver side door, :cries:

So I took the car to the insurance and they fixed everything but it looked as if you're driving without a door cause it’s too noisy and to make it worse the door panel just cracked on me.

I didn’t go back to them cause they’re just a waste of time. Actually it’s my mother’s car and I didn’t know where they took it until it was too late..

I went to the Junk yard to pick a door put I couldn’t find the same interior color.

My question is >> Can I take the plastic holders and clips from the new door and use them on the old one or should I refurnish the door from inside.

00**-- I will provide some pictures soon --**00

the door panel is a combo of several plastic pieces. It has a lot of non-reusable clips to hold the pieces together. when you remove you wont be able to reuse them. I normally use AB resin to fix the plastic cracks as it is as easy and cheap as eating a hamburger

i think you better post a pix of it here, especially where it cracks. we may be able to help you

this is not the driver side door actually :-) and its not that bad

i think you would need to remove the door panel from the door to get access to the inside, from there you can use resin to fix the broken parts.

the resin i use called AB apoxy, its a 2 tube set, one called A containing resin and B tube contains hardener. simply mix same amount of resin and hardener and apply it to the cleaned broken part. the one I use is a quick epoxy that will set in 4 minutes (since you start mixing) and cure after an hour

hope this helps